According to the rules of said award, I now have a duty to do the following:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
“Thank you” – CHECK
Link to blog – CHECK
15 Blogs I follow regularly (in no particular order)
1. Of course, Write, Aubrey, Write is one of those blogs.
4. Shut Up Dad
5. Tor/Forge (I’m a nerd. This has been established.)
6. Bad Books, Good Times (One of my new favorites. HILARIOUS.)
9. Dani Loebs
15. Drew’s Soapbox
And, I don’t know if this is allowed in the rules or not, but I am going to tell Write, Aubrey, Write seven things about myself RIGHT EFFING NOW:
1. I quit drinking coffee in March and now only drink one cup of chai a day.
2. My cat is named Hermione after the Harry Potter books.
3. I bought a dress this weekend that is really, really snug and I like to imagine makes me look like Joan from Mad Men.
4. I own all the Harry Potter books in hardcover and paperback.
5. Jellyfish scare the shit out of me.
6. Ex-nail biter. Right here.
7. I think pornos are funny.
8. BONUS! I’m “apprenticing” at an ad agency right now, and I made my email signature say, “Amanda Muncill: Purveyor of Awesome” and I’m waiting to see how long it takes someone to notice.
I was also recently nominated for the Liebster Award by What Jane Read Next! All this love, you guys! I don’t know what to do with myself and my humble little blog! The best part about all of this? We all support each other! All the blogs I follow also follow me and we all write to each other as much as we can – it’s a lot more time consuming than one might think – and we somehow still have time on top of all of that to show appreciation for one another. I mean, how neat is that? It’s pretty neat! Watch this video to understand why what I just did there is really funny:
And, on that note, I leave you until next time.
By the way, I finished In Cold Blood, which was amazing, and I’ve stopped reading Lonesome Dove for now only because I’m feeling more fantastical than western, which is why I’m finally reading American Gods instead. So far I’ve gotten to the man-eating-vagina-part which is a great way to start any Monday.